If the answer to any of the above is yes, you may well be T&E’s next Sustainable Finance Manager. You’ll join a team of motivated, highly-skilled professionals that coordinate and cooperate with more than 60 NGOs to maximise their impact. The position offers the opportunity to grow professionally and build a rewarding career at T&E.
Deadline for applications: 5th of November, 17h00 CET.
T&E is a Brussels-based federation of 63 European environmental groups across Europe campaigning for sustainable and low-carbon transport policies at EU level.
This is a permanent full-time position.
The role will involve:
- Helping to develop T&E’s priorities for/positions on legislative files in the fields of sustainable finance and EU spending;
- Meeting policymakers to present T&E positions and relevant research;
- Developing coalitions of likeminded stakeholders on various legislative priorities;
- Tracking EU policy-making and developing strategies that coincide with legislative opportunities;
- Speaking at events and working groups on behalf of T&E;
- Drafting briefing papers, blogs, and reports.
- Good understanding of corporate finance/capital markets/asset management;
- Good understanding of the EU institutions and how policymaking works in practice;
- A good network of policymakers in the Commission and Parliament, as well as relevant industry and NGO stakeholders in Brussels;
- Proven experience in analysing legal texts and a keen eye for detail to spot opportunities therein;
- Experience drafting reports and position papers.
- Patient, with excellent analytical skills and a strategic approach to problem solving;
- Good with mathematics/statistics;
- Cooperative over competitive;
- Someone who values diversity, empathy and generosity;
- Genuinely passionate for environmental sustainability, climate action and democracy.
The position will be primarily based in Brussels, and we offer flexible working hours. The working language is English (which is essential), while fluency in other languages is desirable and appropriate language training is available.
T&E will offer you: a competitive salary in line with your experience and expertise; extensive benefits; and exceptional flexibility.
Equally importantly, if you join T&E you’ll have the opportunity to devote your professional energy and creativity to the resolution of one of humankind’s greatest challenges.
To apply, please complete the application form (downloadable below) and send it together with a copy of your CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. The email subject line should state “Sustainable Finance Manager”.
The closing date for applications is 5th of November 17h00 CET. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
T&E anticipates a high number of applications and only shortlisted candidates for the first round of interviews will be contacted.