Where? Congreso de los Diputados / Plaza de las Cortes, núm. 1 / 28014 Madrid / Spain
The Spanish Government is currently elaborating Spain's Industrial Strategy. Within this context, the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness (MINECO), together with vehicle manufactures' association ANFAC, association of components manufacturers SERNAUTO and the consultancy KPMG published in July 2017 the first sectoral agenda of this strategy: the sectoral agenda of the automotive industry (part 1 and part 2).
It mentions digitalization and automation but is quiet on sustainability criteria. How must we interpret the necessity to "favor the elaboration of smart regulation that positions the automobile industry as a reference without jeopardizing its competitiveness"?
What are the sectors’ current efforts and expectations? How do stakeholders see their future? What future? How is Spanish industry going to deliver the objetives of the Paris Agreement and recently released Commission Clean mobility package? What kind of future does industry want? Does electrification of transport require any support from Government, and if so, what kind of support is needed? What is the expected impact of this transition for Spain?
During 2013, the European Climate Foundation (ECF) convened an expert group to examine the economic impact in Europe of a shift to low-carbon vehicles, reported in “Fuelling Europe’s Future”. This analysis showed both the challenges and opportunities of this transition. This study was replicated for the UK, France, Poland, Germany. It is now being conducted in collaboration with T&E and local partners in Italy and Spain, to further understand the impacts in key European economies by analyzing the 2030 and 2050 impact of a shift to low-carbon vehicles in both Italy and Spain, focusing on a range of environmental and economic indicators.
- ANFAC, Mario Armero, ¿Cuáles son los esfuerzos actuales y las expectativas del sector.ppt PPT, 668.0 KByte
- Comisión europea, Silvia Bartolini, Paquete de Movilidad Normas de emisión de CO2 para turismos y furgonetas.ppt PPT, 7.3 MByte
- Iberdrola, Francisco Laverón, Unas reflexiones sobre el futuro de la movilidad eléctrica.ppt PPT, 2.5 MByte
- KPMG, Juan José Cano, Agenda Sectorial de la Industria de Automoción.pdf PDF, 818.7 KByte
- SERNAUTO, José Portilla, Visión del sector de proveedores de automoción.pdf PDF, 1.0 MByte
- T&E, Isabell Büschel, ¿Cómo descarbonizar y electrificar el transporte por carretera.pdf PDF, 2.1 MByte
- AEDIVE, Arturo Pérez de Lucia, Electromovilidad.ppt PPT, 766.0 KByte