Interested in this kind of news?
Receive them directly in your email box. Delivered once a week.
The briefing demonstrates that electric vehicles:
1. Will create jobs economy wide – 200 thousand are estimated by 2030 as a result of lower total cost of ownership
2. That there are sufficient recharging points in western and northern Europe TODAY for the early market and that just 5% of charging happens at public recharging points
3. Are lower CO2 TODAY even when compared on a full life-cycle basis and even in countries with the least clean electricity
4. Battery cells will be manufactured in the EU and there are sufficient raw materials available
5. Are affordable. With very modest tax breaks they are already cheaper on a total cost of ownership for the first owner. For second and third owners there are substantial savings in running costs and maintenance.
The paper shows policymakers can confidently drive a shift to electromobility.