Interested in this kind of news?
Receive them directly in your inbox. Delivered once a week.
We identify the following five areas that need revision in order to more equitably distribute the benefits and costs of the EU’s trade policy:
1) Global valuechains: the trade agenda must ensure transport within a sustainable global value chain.
2) Energy imports: trade in energy must promote global decarbonisation, support the Paris Climate Agreement, and help deliver on the EU’s 2030 energy objectives.
3) Sustainable development: the sustainable development chapters must have substantive effect, via a Clean Hands clause.
4) Investment protection: EU trade agreements must not include ISDS or ICS and should work to dismantle the global BITs.
5) Transparency: transparency in trade must result in the publication of negotiating mandates, all proposed negotiating texts and materials.