Interested in this kind of news?
Receive them directly in your inbox. Delivered once a week.
T&E proposes the following improvements to the Commission proposal:
- The airspace coverage approach can only be accepted as an interim measure pending real progress at ICAO.
- Otherwise the ETS must automatically snap back to cover emissions from 50% of all arriving and departing flights from 2017 (the 50/50 option).
- Reduced scope means the emissions cap must also be reduced to restore environmental integrity.
- 100% of aviation allowances must be auctioned; there is no argument for allowing industry to earn windfall profits from this much-reduced scheme.
- All carriers on all routes must continue with the monitoring (MRV) requirements.