Are you passionate about the decarbonisation of the transport sector? Do you know how environmental policy and politics in France can transform markets and have knowledge of, or an interest in, aviation, sustainable fuels and how they are created? If you do, this may well be the job for you. We are looking for a French aviation manager.
The role focuses on decarbonising the French aviation industry via domestic regulations as well as implementing EU wide regulation at national level. The work will focus on promoting zero carbon fuels like green hydrogen-based fuels, and campaigning around how to make the industry more sustainable. You will join our French team based in Paris, and be managed by our French Director whilst working closely with our aviation team in Brussels.
The role will involve:
- Developing and leading T&E’s aviation advocacy work in France, focusing on driving the shift to sustainable aviation fuels through policy reform as well as encouraging corporations to shift their business travel behaviours.
- Establishing working relationships with the French government representatives who are working on decarbonising aviation and business activities.
- Identifying, commissioning and delivering impactful research tailored to the needs of France-related aviation campaigns.
- Building formal and informal coalitions with key aviation industry players including in the fuels sector, specifically hydrogen-based fuels (e-fuels), as well as the wider business community interested in our Travel Smart campaign.
- Coordinating activities with other environmental and civil society organisations working on decarbonising aviation.
- Responding to and generating media interest in sustainable aviation policies and opportunities.
The successful candidate will be expected to work independently in France, under the guidance of T&E’s French Director, and in coordination with the Aviation team, aiming to achieve T&E’s overall objectives. The successful candidate will also work with T&E’s energy, data analysis, and communication teams.
T&E is ideally seeking a candidate that has previously worked in an advocacy role influencing transport and / or fuels policy.
Our ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- More than five years of relevant experience in public policy, ideally on climate or energy topics and the ability and motivation to learn about the aviation sector.
- Have the aptitude and communication skills to advocate for an environmental organisation.
- The confidence to think and act with initiative, to engage and influence policy-makers of different stripes, industry representatives and other stakeholders at the highest level.
- Project management, strong interpersonal and team-working skills and an ability to deliver to tight deadlines with independence.
The role is based in our office in Paris, in combination with home work. A flexible working hours arrangement can be implemented. Occasional travel to the Brussels office is expected.
To apply, please complete an application form and send a copy of your CV in English [compiled in a SINGLE document] to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. The email subject line should state: “FR aviation manager”.
The deadline for this role is the 4th of September.
Transport & Environment (T&E) is Europe’s leading clean transport think tank and campaign group. We combine the power of robust evidence and a deep understanding of the transport sector with compelling communications and impactful advocacy. T&E will commit to your professional development and invest in training from your first day with the organisation. Our people work across Europe: in addition to the French office we have offices in Brussels, Rome, Berlin, Madrid and London.