Are you interested in breaking new ground with T&E colleagues, campaigning with us as we step into the world of corporate travel? We’re looking to hire a dynamic campaigner to boost our work targeting a reduction in corporate flying post-Covid.
The aim of this work is to mobilise employers and campaigners in efforts to reduce the level of corporate travel, and resulting emissions. It is to “lock in” much of the reduction in flying which has occurred during the pandemic period. It is part of T&E’s wider programme to reduce emissions from aviation, which remains the most carbon intensive mode of transport.
Working with the Campaign Manager,
- Develop the campaign’s strategies, particularly its communications and social media engagement strategies
- Develop persuasive campaign messaging, storytelling, and visual materials on business, flying, climate and equity, for communication via different media channels
- Imagine, organize and deliver creative campaign actions for impact
- Oversee the development of campaign tools for resourcing and mobilizing network and employee activists
- Coordinate the campaign coalition, building effective working relationships and common actions, facilitating shared knowledge and resources
- Carry out campaign projects, implementing project contracts, timelines and budgets and reporting to funders
- A successful track record of at least 5 years’ experience in corporate responsibility, environmental or social justice campaigns and organizing tactics, online and offline
- Excellent skills in social media engagement and communications strategies, development of creative assets and digital tools
- An ability to understand and work with dynamics of business and/or aviation sectors. Experience in sustainable mobility and/or behavior change an asset.
- Dynamic self-starter, motivated for a challenge, enthusiastic and bringing innovative ideas
- Team player, able to work across cultures, collaborate and coordinate joint action at European / global level. Fluency in English, other European languages an asset.
- Proven experience in project planning and implementation, managing resources for campaigning tools and actions
Established in 1990, T&E is the European Federation of environmental NGOs working on sustainable transport. T&E’s vision is a zero-emission mobility system that is affordable and has minimal impacts on our health, climate and environment. Credibility is a key asset. A politically independent non-profit, T&E combines the power of robust, science-based evidence and a deep understanding of transport with memorable communications and impactful advocacy.
staff in Brussels, Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Warsaw, Paris and London collaborate with 62 national member and supporter organisations in 25 countries across Europe. All together members and supporters represent more than 3.5 million people. As an organisation we are committed to the professional development of our colleagues and invest in training from day one.
This is a full time position based in Brussels, Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Warsaw, Paris or London.
The closing date for applications is 22 December. First round interviews will be held by videoconference in January. The successful candidate will be expected to start by March 2022.
To apply, please complete an application form and send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. The email subject line should state Application for Corporate Travel Campaigner.
T&E anticipates a high number of applications and only shortlisted candidates for the first round of interviews will be contacted.