Location: Brussels, London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin or Rome
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and location
Transport & Environment (T&E)
T&E’s vision is a zero-emission mobility system that is affordable and has minimal impacts on our health, climate and environment. We are a politically independent non-profit organisation that combines the power of robust, science-based evidence and a deep understanding of transport with memorable communications and impactful advocacy.
The Electric Fleets Programme is composed of nine motivated individuals located across Europe. The team’s aim is to eliminate subsidies to polluting company cars with the goal to completely electrify new company cars in Europe by 2030 and even earlier in leading electric car markets such as Germany, France, and the UK. This role is located at the centre of the programme, as you will manage our Community of Practice, oversee programme deliverables, and lead on corporate engagement. You will join a small coordination team consisting of T&E’s Electric Fleets Analyst and T&E’s Senior Director for National Offices while collaborating closely with T&E’s national offices, policy teams, communications team, and trends and analysis team.
T&E is looking for an ambitious and impactful climate leader to tackle Europe’s company car problem. The role of the Campaign Manager is to steer company car fleets away from combustion vehicles and towards zero-emission alternatives as soon as possible.
The potential impact of this work programme is enormous. The majority of new cars in Europe – 57% – are registered to corporate fleets. Influencing the type of cars that enter the corporate fleet therefore shapes the type of cars that flow into the second-hand market and beyond. We are focused on this issue because corporate fleets will determine the future of road transport.
The ideal candidate
We’re looking for an incredible communicator who is excited to use the power of T&E to push major European companies to switch to 100% electric vehicles. To achieve this, you will be able to manage complex relationships with a wide diversity of people. You’ll have a thorough analysis of power, top notch project management skills, and be highly organised and systematic. Past experience in corporate campaigning is highly desirable.
You’ll also have:
- The ability to understand dynamic scientific, social, and political issues.
- The proven ability to build and maintain strategic relationships, and manage stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, presentation and reporting skills.
- The ability to work effectively with media and creative agencies.
- Experience in project management.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in national or international campaigning.
- Experience in developing and implementing winning strategies.
- Good understanding and experience working within the political system.
- Excellent working knowledge of English and preferably a knowledge of other European languages.
- Lead the development and implementation of the corporate engagement strategy for the programme.
- Further advance the programme’s strategies, particularly its advocacy, communications, and social media engagement strategies.
- Develop persuasive messaging, storytelling, and visual materials on business, electric vehicles and climate for communication via different media channels.
- Imagine, organise, and deliver creative actions for impact.
- Oversee the development of programme tools for resourcing and mobilising the network and employees.
- Building effective working relationships and common actions, facilitating shared knowledge and resources.
- Implement project contracts, timelines and budgets and reporting to funders
- Manage and lead Electric Fleets community of practice to ensure that best practice project management is applied throughout the Electric Fleets Programme, keep overview of objectives, KPIs, budget, deliverables, and progress across the national programs.
- Keep oversight of all stakeholders and build alliances with progressive industries and NGO we are working with across the network and solicit new ones.
Terms and conditions
The position is full-time, based in Brussels or on one of T&E’s national offices in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK. T&E offers competitive salaries in line with location, experience and expertise. We offer extensive benefits and exceptional flexibility.
A flexible working schedule can be discussed. T&E is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
To apply, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach you would bring to the role, along with your CV/resume in English BY EMAIL ONLY, to email@example.com
Please ensure that documents are sent with “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” and state “Campaign Manager” in the email subject line. Please let us know, in your covering email, where you found out about the post.
The deadline for applications is June 3rd 2022
Established in 1990, Transport & Environment (T&E) is the European Federation of environmental NGOs working on sustainable transport. T&E’s vision is a zero-emission mobility system that is affordable and has minimal impacts on our health, climate and environment. T&E has shaped some of Europe’s most important environmental laws: it got the EU to set the world’s most ambitious CO2 standards for cars and trucks but also helped uncover the dieselgate scandal, campaigned successfully to end palm oil diesel and secured a global ban on dirty shipping fuels and the creation of the world’s biggest carbon market for aviation – just to name a few.
Credibility is a key asset. T&E, a politically independent non-profit, combines the power of robust, science-based evidence and a deep understanding of transport with memorable communications and impactful advocacy.
Staff in Brussels, Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Warsaw, Paris and London collaborate with over 60 national member and supporter organisations in 25 countries across Europe. All together our members and supporters represent more than 3.5 million people. We commit to the professional development of our colleagues and invest in training from their first day with the organisation.