Together with the team you will plan and implement a campaign to accelerate the transition to zero emission trucks (putting an end to the sale of diesel trucks, increasing the number of electric trucks on the road over the coming years, ensuring sufficient electric truck charging infrastructure, etc.). The aim is to boost the perception about the role and potential of zero emission trucks amongst the public and politicians in Europe, together with a network of environmental and civil society groups. This will include developing and delivering strategic plans and creating compelling content.
We are looking for someone who understands how strong messages, combined with cutting edge evidence and digital tools, can help influence the debate to bring about change. The ideal candidate is someone who can quickly grasp the key issues of transport decarbonisation, identify opportunities, and maximise the reach of our messaging.
As well as your communication, interpersonal skills and diplomacy, this role will test your ability to organise and improvise. Feeling comfortable using different (digital) tools, and using them to change the perception on a topic will be a great asset.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and coordinate the digital engagement strategy around zero emission trucks and lead on the implementation of this work for the T&E freight team.
- Produce thoughtful and engaging sharable content for social media, the website and other channels. This could be petitions, polling, blogs, videos, designing creative and inspiring visual content (macros, infographics), etc.. Make key decisions on video and digital output.
- Develop and coordinate the creation of new content for videos that educate the public and policymakers. Videos can be both simple content to illustrate T&E studies and filmed content of various stakeholders involved in the topic of clean trucks.
- Develop and coordinate with our European campaign network to create and push our campaign content as required.
- Scope and evaluate the potential to launch a public campaign to accelerate the adoption of zero emission trucks in big companies. The selected candidate would assess the different options and identify what are the best angles and narratives which would maximise our chances of securing interest.
- Conduct message testing and audience targeting. Looking beyond best practices for new and innovative ways of engaging target audiences and ensuring ongoing work development is part of an iterative test-improve-test process.
- Monitor news for sharable truck transport content and solutions, seizing opportunities to promote content and increase T&E’s visibility on the topic.
- Identify responsive (digital) opportunities that could be scaled into mobilisation pushes and collaborate with the team to maximise impact.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in digital communications and public engagement, with environmental or social justice organisations preferred
- Strong project planning skills to enable the delivery of projects to time, to budget and to deliver on clear objectives with the ability of balancing multiple priorities
- Track record of developing creative (digital) campaign content that engages diverse communities and deepens relationships with existing supporters
- Excellent communication skills, including both written and interpersonal, with an ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Willingness to try new things and innovate whilst maintaining core work
This is a full time position for a fixed 12-18 months starting in September 2022. A flexible working schedule can be discussed. T&E is a growing organisation that often has future job opportunities for temporary hires who perform well.
To apply, please complete an application form and send a copy of your CV firstname.lastname@example.org clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. The email subject line should state Application for Zero Emission Truck Campaigner.
The closing date for applications is 21 August 2022. First Round interviews are scheduled to be held on the week commencing the 29th of August by video conference. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
T&E anticipates a high number of applications and only shortlisted candidates for the first round of interviews will be contacted.
T&E is an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in applications for this position.
Transport & Environment (T&E) is Europe’s leading clean transport campaign group. We combine the power of robust evidence and a deep understanding of the transport sector with compelling communications and impactful advocacy. With one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the NGO community, we commit to the professional development of our colleagues and invest in training from your first day with the organisation. Our people work across Europe: colleagues in Brussels, Rome, Berlin, Madrid, Paris and Warsaw and London collaborate with our 60 member and supporter groups to achieve our mission.