The position will positively influence and contribute to the development and delivery of organisational and communications strategies. Using data and analytics they will shape communications that drive online engagement, building the T&E brand while supporting campaign and policy goals.
Transport & Environment has shaped some of Europe’s most important environmental laws. In recent years, T&E got the EU to set the world’s most ambitious CO2 standards for cars and trucks but also helped uncover the Dieselgate scandal. We secured a global ban on dirty shipping fuels and the creation of the world’s biggest carbon market for aviation – just to name a few. Our ability to communicate our message and make a persuasive case for change in Brussels and other European capitals has been critical to our success. We’re now looking to hire a highly motivated person to join our communications team and help us to achieve even greater change in the future.
Who are we looking for?
Working in a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will develop innovative approaches for the growth of our digital communications. They will lead the digital strategy, as well as have responsibility for the day-to-day content creation and scheduling, prioritising the development and publication of content. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in delivering content strategies and digital campaigns. They will be an energetic and enthusiastic team-player with at least five years of experience working within a digital communications environment. As we publish predominantly in English, they must be able to speak and write it as well as a native speaker. Some knowledge of EU and/or transport and environment issues would be a plus. The position offers the opportunity to grow professionally and build a rewarding career at T&E.
Main functions of the role:
- Lead the expansion of the digital communications function to enable T&E to reach and engage its audiences
- Lead on developing and implementing the content and engagement strategy for the T&E website
- Ensure our website and content adheres to best practice in relation to accessibility, SEO and responsive design
- As a key member of the communications team, proactively identify opportunities and ensure our digital channels align with our communications objectives
- Track conversations and trends, and identify opportunities for engagement and thought leadership, across T&E’s social media channels
- Lead the development of digital content plans, including written, visual and audio content creation for different platforms and audiences
- Proactively contribute to communications planning and the development of strategies, providing guidance and direction related to digital communications
- Day-to-day responsibility for creating, scheduling and prioritising the content across all digital channels
- Establish effective benchmarks to collect, analyse and measure performance against to inform future strategy
- Supporting colleagues in understanding and navigating web and social media trends and developments, provide training when needed
- Develop, maintain and enhance online written and visual style standards, ensuring content adheres to these guidelines
- Liaise externally with digital agencies and content creators as required, including ongoing development of T&E’s website
Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Up-to-date knowledge of and genuine interest in content strategy, user experience principles/design techniques, emerging digital trends and the opportunities they present
- Experience developing SEO and user-friendly design for websites
- Experience creating quality digital content across a number of platforms
- Ability to translate complex, technical knowledge into persuasive communications to which audiences can relate
- Creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Ability to translate data into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations, as well as to effectively explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience in monitoring, analysing and reporting social media and website engagement
- Experience in paid social media and in using Facebook and Twitter ads manager, Google Analytics and AdWords, to increase engagement
What do we offer?
The position is a full-time one, ideally based in Brussels (other locations will be considered), with the possibility of flexible working hours. T&E will offer you a competitive salary in line with your experience and expertise. We offer extensive benefits and exceptional flexibility.
Equally importantly, if you join T&E you’ll have the opportunity to devote your professional energy and creativity to the resolution of one of humankind’s greatest challenges.
Deadline for applications: 02 January, 2022
A more flexible working schedule can be discussed. T&E is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please complete the application form (downloadable on our website) and send it together with a copy of your CV and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com, clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. The email subject line should state “online communications manager”.
The closing date for applications is 02 January, 2022. First-round interviews are likely to be held the following week by videoconference. A second round of interviews will follow shortly after. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
T&E anticipates a high number of applications and only shortlisted candidates for the first round of interviews will be contacted.