Location: Brussels, Belgium preferred
Salary range: 2800-3300€ per month (if based in Belgium)
Deadline: Sunday 12 June, 2022
About the role
The social media officer coordinates the social media strategy development and execution across T&E’s social media channels. The role supports the Web and Digital Communications Manager and the implementation of the communications strategy. The ideal candidate will be a creative and enthusiastic team-player with two to three years of experience working within a similar environment. As we publish predominantly in English, speaking and writing it as well as a native speaker is essential. Some knowledge of EU and/or transport and environment issues would be a plus. The position offers the opportunity to grow professionally and build a rewarding career at T&E.
Working with the Web and Digital Communications Manager, principal duties and responsibilities of the position will involve:
- Coordinate and execute social media strategy for community growth, engagement, advocacy and content sharing, establishing effective benchmarks for measuring impact.
- Lead community management and run high profile social media campaigns, including reactive and proactive communications, to effectively build and engage audiences.
- Write compelling copy and design visuals for social media channels.
- Work with communications leads and National Offices to plan, create and post innovative content across T&E social media channels based on our campaigns, key reports and infographics.
- Identify and engage social influencers.
- Leverage social media management and analytics tools to measure and track effectiveness, develop insights and recommendations for optimisation, and contribute to campaign specific, monthly, and annual reporting and analysis.
- Advise T&E staff on social media tactics and best practices.
- Keep current with emerging digital trends and technologies.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Two to three years experience in digital marketing for an agency, civil society, private sector, or media organisation.
- Demonstrable experience managing social media accounts
- Demonstrable experience creating content for different channels, experience with video is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of growing and maintaining a digital audience.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and opportunities for engagement.
- Ability to tell a story with data, translating data into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations, as well as to effectively explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in social media
- Capable of managing multiple projects and priorities at the same time in a rapidly changing environment.
- Dynamic self starter, highly motivated, comfortable in taking initiative and brainstorming new ideas, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills
- Native-level or very high proficiency in English is essential. French, German, Spanish or Italian are highly desirable, while other European languages are a plus.
The position is a full-time one, based in Brussels, with the possibility of flexible working hours. T&E offers a competitive salary in line with experience and expertise; extensive benefits and exceptional flexibility.
Equally importantly, if you join T&E you’ll have the opportunity to devote your professional energy and creativity to the resolution of one of humankind’s greatest challenges.
A more flexible working schedule can be discussed. T&E is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form (downloadable from the header of the page) and send it together with a copy of your CV and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com, clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria, link to social media accounts you have previously managed would be appreciated. The email subject line should state “Social Media Officer”.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 12 June, 2022. First-round interviews are scheduled to be held in mid-June by videoconference. A second round of interviews will follow shortly after and may be held in person. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
T&E anticipates a high number of applications and only shortlisted candidates for the first round of interviews will be contacted.
T&E is Europe’s leading clean transport campaign group. We combine the power of robust evidence and a deep understanding of the transport sector with compelling communications and impactful advocacy. Created in 1990, we have shaped some of Europe’s most important environmental laws regulating the emissions of cars, trucks, ships and planes, and we play a major role in shaping transport policy throughout the continent. Our people work across Europe: our staff in Brussels, Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris and Rome collaborate with our 60 member and supporter groups to achieve our mission.