Do you know how environmental policy and politics can transform markets and have knowledge of, or an interest in, shipping and marine fuels? If you do, this may well be the job for you.
We are looking for a shipping campaign officer/manager, with a focus on campaigning against unsustainable biofuels and fossil LNG in shipping.
The position requires an individual with strong campaigning and coordination skills. The successful candidate will develop T&E’s LNG and marine biofuels campaign strategy and be able to work with our partners across the EU, wherever relevant coordinate their activities, ensuring timely and high-quality project deliverables.
Transport & Environment (T&E) is Europe’s leading clean transport think tank and campaign group. We combine the power of robust evidence and a deep understanding of the transport sector with compelling communications and impactful advocacy. With one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the NGO community, we commit to the professional development of our colleagues and invest in training from your first day with the organisation. Our people work across Europe: colleagues in Brussels, Rome, Berlin, Madrid, Paris, London and Warsaw collaborate with our 63 member and supporter groups to achieve our mission.
The role will involve:
- Design, oversee and implement an EU wide campaign against fossil LNG and unsustainable biofuels in shipping, in coordination with local NGO partners.
- Work with the T&E communications team to draft and implement a communications plan in cooperation with partner NGOs.
- Oversee the creation of compelling comms materials (videos, infographics, images, ads) for social media activation in cooperation with partner NGOs and support national groups with the dissemination.
- Remain up-to-date with the policy discussions on the Fit-for-55 shipping legislations and renewable energy in transport.
The successful candidate should meet all of the following criteria:
- At least 3 years’ experience in public campaigning, policy work and network coordination, especially with a focus on fossil fuels and/or biofuels in the sphere of climate change, energy and health.
- Proven experience in building strong relationships with a range of stakeholders internally and externally including remote staff.
- Experience coordinating a project with several partners, especially in international partnerships.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English, other European languages would be an asset.
- Experience working with remote located staff and across cultures.
- Perceptive, fast learner and able to absorb and synthesize new information rapidly.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a facilitative, goal-oriented and collaborative style.
- Having a background in EU policy and project management is a bonus.
T&E offers an indefinite contract. This is a full time position based in Brussels. But a flexible working arrangement can be discussed.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the application form (downloadable below), 1-page cover letter and CV, all compiled into a single file and in the following order: application form, cover letter and CV. Please name the file as follows: Firstname_Lastname_shipping_analyst.
Also, please ensure the title of the job vacancy (i.e. “Shipping analyst”) is shown in the subject line of your email.
The closing date for applications is 21st of March 2022. First round interviews are scheduled to be held soon after the application deadline. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible. T&E is an equal opportunities employer and highly encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
T&E anticipates a high number of applications and only shortlisted candidates for the first round of interviews will be contacted.