The successful candidate will be working within T&E’s vehicles team, supporting the team’s work on raw materials and supply chain policy files such as the Critical Raw Materials Act and the End of Life Vehicles Directive. The successful candidate will also provide general project and administrative support to the vehicles team.
The team also needs someone to be responsible for certain ongoing and one-off administrative and project management tasks, such as grants management and event organisation, including occasional support to the senior vehicles director.
More concretely, the successful candidate would:
- Assist in outreach to the European Parliament and the Council of the EU, helping to secure T&E policy priorities in key legislative files
- Develop advocacy tools e.g. stakeholder/policy maker mapping
- Research topics related to batteries, low carbon vehicles and batteries and raw materials supply chains
- Build coalitions and engage in advocating for low carbon steel and other vehicle components in the revision of Europe’s end-of-life vehicles directive
- Organise events, outreach to stakeholders (both online and in person) and occasional support to the director and wider team
- Manage grants related to batteries and raw materials
- Attend events and meetings with stakeholders, reporting back to the team when relevant
- Draft concise and informative internal notes and briefings, and help with drafting T&E communication materials like position papers and blogs
- Analyse policy proposals (e.g. amendments) by the European Parliament, member states and stakeholders and develop arguments to steer these closer towards T&E’s position
- Interest in and good understanding of EU policy making process and EU environment, climate, and transport policies and their link to raw materials and supply chains
- Proactive and eagerness to learn and grow into the role
- Willing to play a supporting role to colleagues, but open and able to take the lead on policy at a later stage
- Attention to detail and strong project management stills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the application form (downloadable below), cover letter and CV, all within one document and in the following order: application form, cover letter and CV. Please name the file as follows: Firstname_Lastname_RM_policy_officer. Also, please ensure the title of the job vacancy is shown in the subject line of your email.
The closing date for applications is the 26nd February.