Do you have the ability to think critically and strategically? Do you wish to contribute to creating a more sustainable Europe? The Clean Cities Campaign is seeking a highly motivated and proactive individual in the area of policy and data analysis. We offer the chance to help shape policies with huge implications for people and the environment in Europe and across the globe, as well as a competitive salary (based on experience and location) with a substantial package of benefits.
This position will be part of the Clean Cities Campaign that is hosted by Transport & Environment. The position will involve analysing current and future policies, and performing scientifically sound qualitative and quantitative research with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. The successful candidate will have strong analytical, writing and research skills and be able to think critically and communicate strategically. This will include analysing and producing original material, most notably writing reports and advocacy material based on robust evidence to help us push for the end of the internal combustion engine in cities.
The Clean Cities Campaign, hosted by Transport & Environment (T&E), is a European coalition of more than 70 grassroots and civil society organisations aiming to hasten the phase out of the internal combustion engine in European cities, while championing active, shared and electric mobility for a more liveable and sustainable urban future. The vision of the coalition is to create zero emission urban mobility systems by 2030.
We are committed to the professional development of our colleagues and invest in training from your first day with the organisation. Our people work across Europe: colleagues in Brussels, Rome, Berlin, Madrid, London and beyond collaborate with our partner organisations to achieve our mission.
The successful candidate should have at least 2 years of relevant professional experience working on issues in the transport, environmental or energy sectors, a research institution or similar and have the following skills:
- Have a solid general understanding of transport policies and decision making processes at the local and, if possible, the European level.
- The capacity to creatively find solutions to complex qualitative and quantitative research questions.
- Strong skills in policy assessments and the development of policy proposals.
- Strong writing proficiency with the ability to write compelling analytical reports for external publication in fluent, concise and accurate English. Any additional European language is a plus.
- Solid analytical skills and data literacy. Experience with Excel, Python, R or transport/energy modelling is a plus.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills (a high degree of self-awareness, the willingness to take feedback and to learn, and to act with humility and humbleness).
- The confidence to think and act with initiative and to independently identify research opportunities that would clearly support the mission of the Clean Cities Campaign.
- Project management experience and an ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- A personal commitment to sustainable transport and the aims of T&E and the Clean Cities Campaign.
This is a full time position on a fixed term contract. A flexible working schedule can be discussed. The location of the position is flexible, but should be based in Europe or the UK, with preference to London or Brussels. The position will involve regular travel in Europe.
The closing date for applications is 10 April 2023. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible. We anticipate a high number of applications and only shortlisted candidates for the first round of interviews will be contacted.
T&E is an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in applications for this position.
To apply, please complete an application form and send a copy of your CV firstname.lastname@example.org clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. The email subject line should state: Application for Policy & Data Analyst, Clean Cities Campaign.