The person we are looking for is motivated by the idea of developing probably the most interesting benefits package in Europe. We are not there yet, but that is our aspiration. Being Belgian based, our benefits package will be much better than that beer who says that they are probably the best…
- Develop and implement a pan European compensation policy for a growing non- profit with its headquarters in Brussels but with staff and consultants in UK, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Spain. In this task you will be supported by the Senior Operations Director and liaises with staff members and management at all level
- Be creative in balancing compensation and benefit while taking account the overall aims and budgetary limitations of the organisation
- Coordinate the payroll services for Belgium, UK, Italy, France, Germany with external payroll provider;
- Ensure accuracy of payroll output
- Manage presence and timesheets for the organisation
- As the compensation and benefits specialist within T&E, you are the contact person for specific compensation & benefits related questions from employees and management, at HQ and international branches;
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency through automation;
- Support the recruitment process by providing more general HR functions when required.
- Report to the Senior Director of Operations.
- Work closely with the Senior Director National Offices, the Finance Director, the Culture Learning and Development Manager, and other members of the operation team to ensure T&E’s is a great place to work
The required profile for the Payroll, Compensation & Benefits Manager position:
- You have more than 5 years in a Human resource function, ideally with in-depth knowledge of the HR legislation within one or more of the European countries where we currently operate. Experience with payroll providers is an asset;
- You have a first experience with Compensation & Benefits and are motivated by the idea of translating a strategy into concrete actions. You can easily deal with operational questions and tasks;
- You know how to maintain a good balance between the legal rules and procedures and their follow-up, but you also show the necessary pragmatics when necessary;
- You are able to understand the financial and tax implications of decisions and are interested in learning more;
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to build relationships across the organisation;
- Great organisational skills, high attention to detail, and strong sense of urgency;
- You are analytical and know how to quickly gain insight into more complex issues. Thanks to your solution-oriented mindset, you will quickly find your way to the appropriate solution.
- We have a flexible work policy. We will consider people who are based anywhere in Europe. Knowledge of at least one of the following markets is however critical Belgium, UK, Italy, France, Germany
- To be part of something special. As a nimble but growing non-profit, we want that our Benefits set us apart. No idea is too wild.
- To work with great people who believe in something beyond the bottom line
- An opportunity to apply your previous knowledge and your enthusiasm into an environment that wants to try out new creative ideas, where you will be expected to significantly contribute to our compensation and benefits policy;
- An opportunity to break things and move quickly
- A competitive salary package, including benefits.
To apply, please complete an application form and send a copy of your CV email@example.com clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. The email subject line should state Application for Payroll, Compensation & Benefits Manager.
The closing date for applications is no later than March 1 2022. As we would like to hire this person as soon as possible, we will be conducting rolling interviews of suitable candidates.
Questions about the role? Reach out to me directly Dale Chadwick, Dale@tande.eu. As we dont expect to be able to find someone who meets all the critierai we are willing to develop someone with strong potential and motivation.
Established in 1990, Transport & Environment is Europe’s leading NGO campaigning for cleaner transport. T&E represents 49 organisations from 26 countries across Europe, and it has contributed to high-profile EU policy changes such as more sustainable biofuels and binding standards for more fuel-efficient cars.