Do you believe in the power of bringing groups together? Do you get energised by making connections with and between people? Do you want to be a catalyst for change all over Europe? Then this role for membership and network coordinator could be perfect for you.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, mission-driven and experienced Membership Coordinator who will thrive in a challenging and dynamic work environment. This position will play a key role in building and conveying T&Es relationships with existing members and help identify new members across Europe. This person will be working closely with T&Es Policy teams, Operations team, National Offices and T&Es leadership.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to build and develop relationships, have an interest in sustainable transport and understand cultural and organizational dynamics. We are looking for a well organised and outgoing self-starter who is good at building relationships with different groups, identifying synergies and opportunities, is solution oriented and proactive in their outreach.
We offer the chance to help shape and foster collaboration that leads to policies with huge implications for people and the environment in Europe. This is a full-time position based in Brussels or one of T&Es National Offices. A more flexible working schedule can be discussed.
Main functions of the role:
- Strengthening the relationships between T&E and its members.
- Acquisition of new members. Proactive outreach to organisations in countries where we don’t have members and try to increase our membership and amount of countries where we have members.
- Events. Be responsible for ensuring the development of the content of the General Assemblies and in person meetings, or other events where members are brought together.
- Support collaboration. Based on an agreed communications strategy and organsiational priorities, ensure relevant communication and collaboration between T&E and members and between members, proactively look for opportunities where members can work together and with T&E.
- Oversee and support the organisation of sub granting in collaboration with T&Es Grant Manager and Policy teams.
- Administration and onboarding. Ensure T&Es member database is kept up to date, keep record of members engagement on transport, onboarding of transport experts joining member organisations ensuring they are familiar with T&E work and able to utilize T&Es outputs and network.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- 3- 5 years experience in a similar role
- A positive, can-do attitude with high work autonomy levels
- A proven record of cultivating contacts and building networks.
- Project management experience including strong interpersonal and team-working skills and an ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills, and the ability to understand and communicate complex issues clearly, engaging and with impact.
- Track record in managing operations and administrative work, event planning.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Other European languages are considered a bonus.
- A personal commitment to climate, sustainable transport and the aims of T&E.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the application form (downloadable below), cover letter and CV, all within one document and in the following order: application form, cover letter and CV. Please name the file as follows: Firstname_Lastname_Membership_coordinator. Also, please ensure the title of the job vacancy is shown in the subject line of your email.
The closing date for applications is 22nd of August. First-round interviews are scheduled to be held shortly after that deadline over Zoom. A second round of interviews will be scheduled for the end of August.
Transport & Environment is Europe’s leading clean transport campaign group. Our vision is a zero-emission mobility system that is affordable and has minimal impacts on our health, climate and environment. Our staff in Brussels, Rome, Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Warsaw and London. We collaborate closely with our over 60 member and supporter groups to clean up the transport sector. All together our members and supporters represent more than 3.5 million people. Together with our members T&E hold the position as Europe’s main federation on transport and an information hub on transport related issues
T&E has shaped some of Europe’s most important environmental laws. T&E got the EU to set the world’s most ambitious CO2 standards for cars and trucks, helped uncover the Dieselgate scandal and helped create the world’s first sustainable battery law – just to name a few.