NGO Transport & Environment (T&E) is seeking a digital marketing specialist who uses digital tools and applies storytelling to move people to action and confront politicians with people’s demand for change.
T&E is Europe's leading clean transport campaign group. We combine the power of robust evidence and a deep understanding of transport with compelling communications and impactful advocacy. We have been around for almost 30 years and in that time we have helped shape some of Europe’s most important environmental laws regulating the emissions of cars, trucks, ships and planes. We have helped uncover the Dieselgate scandal; set strict CO2 limits for new cars; unearthed the palm oil diesel scandal in Europe; and streamline brick-shaped truck cabins – to name a few. Our staff in Brussels, Rome, Berlin, Madrid, Warsaw and London collaborate with our 60 member and supporter groups to clean up transport.
Who are we looking for?
The Europe digital marketer is responsible for driving and implementing a digital strategy for T&E in its efforts to strengthen an online movement that demands cleaner transport in Europe. The successful candidate will develop and improve digital tools and processes, as well as nurture our online channels and test narratives, with the primary goal of mobilising concerned citizens to demand action.
Main functions of the role:
Strategy and planning (in cooperation with the Director of Communications and Campaigns)
- Devise, execute and monitor a digital strategy to achieve T&E’s goal of mobilising concerned citizens to demand policy change and political action to clean up transport in Europe;
- Create a plan to grow our supporter base and email lists across Europe.
- Create and test social media ads, Google Adwords and other forms of paid social media;
- Apply SEO and SEM insights to content in order to increase conversions and drive traffic to our website;
- Nurture and manage T&E’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and Vimeo);
- Build and feed into a social media calendar for the organisation and our national offices;
- Manage our online supporters database.
Monitoring and reporting
- Monitor social media channels and report stories related to T&E campaigns back to the teams and national offices;
- Create an evaluation report based on key digital metrics to monitor and report campaigns’ impact and reach.
Cooperation and support
- Support the visual team in producing compelling social media videos, infographics, and photos via testing;
- Support the communications team to craft compelling narratives to effectively communicate campaign work to large national audiences through Facebook posts, petitions, tweets, videos, social media ads, Instagram stories, email alerts and other digital content;
- Work with national offices to translate social media content.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience in digital campaigning and/or marketing for a grassroots organisation or a company or a communications agency;
- Experience in paid social media and p.p.c. strategies, and a thorough understanding of Facebook and Twitter ads manager, Google Analytics & AdWords, email marketing including MailChimp, and split testing;
- Good writing skills in English;
- Good knowledge of SEO and SEM;
- Be a teamplayer who wants to transfer knowledge and learn from others;
- Speak at least one other language, preferably German;
- Be able to listen first, process info and then act;
- A passion to change the way we move.
Desired (but not required) traits:
- A natural gift to tell memorable stories in images;
- Have a good nose for impactful public campaigns;
- Ability to translate complex, technical knowledge into stories non-expert people like politicians can relate to;
- Experience in supporting local grassroots groups campaigning on environmental issues;
- Familiarity with the politics of climate change and, specifically, about transport emissions;
- Ability to shift priorities and work fast to meet emerging needs;
- Be proactive and work with no supervision and be able to collaborate in teams and get the most from colleagues.
What do we offer?
Position Type: Full-time, long-term position
Compensation: Competitive NGO salary with a full package of benefits including health insurance.
Location: Brussels in a diverse office with 33 motivated people from 14 countries who collectively speak over a dozen languages.
If you are interested in this work opportunity, you should send a CV and – within the application form downloadable below – a letter of intention detailing your motivation to work at Transport & Environment and highlighting examples of how you meet the job specifications – 500 words max.
Please send us a link to an example of your previous digital marketing campaigns that you are particularly proud of – and explain to us why in no more than 50 words.
Please also tell us where you see yourself professionally in three years time – 100 words max. Ensure the job vacancy title is shown in the subject line, and title the documents as follows: NAME_CV and NAME_Application_Form. Please send to email@example.com. The deadline for receipt of applications is 18.00 on Monday, 29 April, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted. Only applicants with an existing right to work within the EU will be considered.