About this event
As the policy discussions on decarbonisation of maritime transport are gaining pace, Nordic experience and leadership in this field can help foster a European and global transition to zero emission shipping.
To understand the role of Nordic cooperation and EU Fit-for-55 package in green maritime transport, Mission of Norway to the EU and European Federation for Transport & Environment (T&E) is organising a dedicated maritime decarbonisation seminar in Brussels, including a panel discussion and a presentation of the Nordic roadmap for the introduction of sustainable zero-carbon fuels in shipping. The seminar is sponsored by the Nordic Council of Ministers. The Norwegian Minister of Climate and Environment will participate at the event.
The seminar will take place on the 17th of March in Norway House in Brussels. The event will also be accessible online. The number of in-person attendees is limited, therefore we will send you an email to confirm that your place has been accepted.
On behalf of the Mission of Norway to the EU and T&E
National level – how do the Nordic governments promote green shipping?
- Rolf Einar Fife, Norwegian Ambassador to the EU
- Espen Barth Eide, Norwegian Minister of Climate and Environment
- Terhi Lehtonen, State Secretary Ministry of the Environment of Finland
- Rikke Wetter Olufsen, Danish Maritime Authority
Regional level – Nordic cooperation on green shipping
- Nathaniel Fritiof, DNV
- Jakob Steffensen, DFDS
- Marte Tyldum, Kongsberg Maritime
- Kaj Portin, Wärtsilä
European level – what is happening with the maritime Fit for 55 files and how can the Nordic experience contribute to the European debate?
- MEP Jytte Guteland, S&D
- MEP Jörgen Warborn, EPP
- Damien Meadows, EU Commission (DG CLIMA)
- Faig Abbasov, Transport and Environment
- Fanny Lossy, ECSA
- Aoife O’Leary, Opportunity Green