Wednesday 25th May 2011, 13:00-18.00
EU Economic and Social Committee, Brussels
Leading European experts and policy-makers will present and discuss the latest science on environmental noise and health, the forthcoming regulation on road vehicle noise standards, and future policies to manage environmental noise.
Confirmed speakers include representatives from the World Health Organisation, European Commission DG Enterprise and DG Environment, European Environment Agency, Danish Environmental Protection Agency, Paris-Ile de France, and Barcelona city.
Audience: MEPs, Commission staff, national environment, industry and transport representatives, national experts, health experts, industry and NGOs.
Below some of the presentations given during the conference:
- The Danish traffic noise reduction strategy: Brian Kristensen, Danish Environmental Protection Agency
- View from the regions: Piotr Gaudibert, External relations manager,
BruitParif, Ile de France, Noise Observatory
- Burden of disease from environmental noise: Dr Rok Ho Kim, WHO European Centre for Environment and Health
- Road traffic noise and cardiovascular health: Dr Mette Sørensen, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology
- Managing noise in the EU: current and upcoming challenges: Colin Nugent, European Environment Agency
- Managing noise at city level: Laura Zapata, Barcelona City Council
Pictures of the event can be seen here.