In summary, grids, renewables and e-mobility. How to get the maximum out of the three? How can EVs contribute to increase the uptake of renewables in electricity grids? How will EVs impact the grids? What synergies can be created? Where is policy needed?
To know more about these topics, please register to this event organized by Transport & Environment and in collaboration with the Renewables Grid Initiative.
- 9:00-9:15 Registration and welcome coffee
- 9:15-9:30 Opening remarks by William Todts, Executive Director, Transport & Environment
The technology: What challenges and opportunities do EVs represent to the grid?
- 9:30-10:45 First panel: Smart charging
- Renewables Grid Initiative: Overview of grid challenges in a decarbonisation context, Craig Morris, Senior Manager Energy Systems
- Element Energy: Fuelling Europe’s Future grid analysis, focusing on low-voltage, Shane Slater, Executive Director
- BMW: Charge forward program in California, Axel Kaltwasser, Senior Manager, Governmental Affairs
- SmartEn: Integrating more renewables into the grids, Frauke Thies, Executive Director
- BKK Production: Maritime transport - The next step in e-mobility, Toril Hunstad Christensen, Head of Analysis
- 10:45-11:15 Q&A
- 11:15-11:45 Coffee break
- 11:45-12:45 Second panel: Vehicle-to-Grid/Home
- Renault: V2G, vision and perspective of Group Renault, Yasmine Assef, Electric Vehicle Programme Manager, Energy Services
- ENEL: The role of EVs within flexibility markets, Clio Ceccotti, Vehicle Grid Integration specialist
- Nuvve: Aggregation of V2G resources, Paige Mullen, Program Manager for European V2G programs
- 12:45-13:00 Q&A
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch
Policy: What EU policy can do to contribute to make it happen?
- 14:00-15:30 Third panel: What policies can foster these technologies?
- Ofgem (Office of Gas and Electricity Markets in the UK): The role of power regulators in EV-grids services and their policy views, Chris Brown, Head of EST Strategy & Emerging Issues, Systems & Networks
- Iberdrola DSO: The views of Distribution System Operators and their policy views, Miguel Garagorri, Innovation and Sustainability Manager
- RAP: Keys to overcoming barriers to EV-grid integration, Christos Kolokathis, Associate
- Transport & Environment: How the EU budget can be a driver? Samuel Kenny, Freight Policy Officer
- DG Energy: What is in the EC pipeline? Kai Tullius, Smart Grids and Retail Energy Market Technology Development, DG ENER, European Commission
- 15:30-16:00 Q&A
- 16:00-16:15 Concluding remarks by Sami Andoura, Sustainable Development Team, Team Leader, European Political Strategy Centre, European Commission
- How the EU budget can be a driver.pdf PDF, 1.1 MByte
- Keys to overcoming barriers to EV-grid integration already in hand.pdf PDF, 2.2 MByte
- Iberdrola The views of Distribution System Operators and their policy views.pdf PDF, 1.5 MByte
- The role of Electric Vehicles within flexibility markets.pdf PDF, 3.3 MByte
- Grids, renewables and e-mobility, what policies can foster these technologies.pdf PDF, 2.6 MByte
- Aggregating V2G Resources.pdf PDF, 3.2 MByte
- Integrating EVs in the grid.PDF PDF, 1.3 MByte
- Maritime transport-The next step in e-mobility.pdf PDF, 2.5 MByte
- Grid impacts of Electric Vehicle Charging.pdf PDF, 1.1 MByte