We secured a global ban on dirty shipping fuels and the creation of the world’s biggest carbon market for aviation – just to name a few. Now T&E will take on the big world of company car fleets in an innovative international project to get these to shift faster to zero emission vehicles. If you are motivated to help green the cars on our roads and accelerate the transformation of the automotive industry, we are hiring now. We are now looking to recruit a team of highly motivated individuals across Europe to work as part of a pan-European team.
Working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, the Electric Fleets National Leads will help transform the automotive industry and boost the uptake of electric vehicles onto the main European car markets. Housed in our National Offices, the leads will be based in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK. They will be energetic, enthusiastic self-starters and team-players with at least five years of experience of campaigning and/or advocacy in international NGOs, or knowledge of the company car market. The leads will contribute to the success of a multi-year program to electrify the corporate fleets across Europe. The National Leads will be expected to work independently within the National Office team, in coordination with other T&E teams.
Working with the individual national office directors, the principal duties and responsibilities of the position will involve:
- Pursuing high level advocacy work towards stakeholders (governments, leasing companies, corporate fleet managers, employees/drivers and others);
- Developing position papers and advocacy & campaigning materials based on robust evidence and argumentation and providing expert recommendations on corporate fleet tax policy and other reforms;
- Shaping national government fiscal policy using outputs from T&E’s policy analysis and modelling;
- Building strong coalitions with other NGO and industry players and maintaining good contacts with (high-level) policy-makers; and
- Acting as a spokesperson, as needed, to advocate T&E’s position to policymakers, politicians, business leaders, journalists, civil society actors and our international network.
Skills and competences required:
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in either the automotive sector, the NGO sector, EU or national advocacy; in exceptional cases we can consider candidates with shorter or alternative work experience;
- The ability and motivation to learn and process complex technical, economic and legal information, to independently develop new political, economic or legal arguments and evidence and use them in a convincing way;
- The confidence to think and act with initiative, to engage and influence policy-makers of different stripes, industry representatives and other stakeholders at the highest level;
- Project management skills including strong interpersonal and team-working skills and an ability to deliver to tight deadlines; and
- Excellent working knowledge of the working language of the National Office to which you are applying, in addition to English. Other European languages are a bonus.
Ideally, the successful candidate SHOULD have:
- An interest in how procurement decisions for corporate cars are made and willingness to learn technical details
- Good understanding and experience of working within the French/German/Italian//Spanish/UK political system; and
- A personal commitment to sustainable transport and the aims of Transport & Environment.
The positions are full-time, based in T&E’s national offices in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK. T&E offers competitive salaries in line with experience and expertise. We offer extensive benefits and exceptional flexibility.
A flexible working schedule can be discussed. T&E is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach you would bring to the role, alone with your CV/resume in English BY EMAIL ONLY, to Karem Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that documents are sent with “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” and state “Electric Fleets National Leads” in the email subject line. Please let us know, in your covering email, where you found out about the post.
The deadline for applications is 9th January COB, 2022.