We offer the chance to help shape policies with huge implications for people and the environment in Europe and across the globe, as well as a competitive salary with a substantial package of benefits.
This position will be part of the Clean Cities Campaign that is hosted by T&E. The position will involve performing scientifically sound research and analysis with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. The successful candidate will have strong analytical, writing and research skills and be able to think critically and communicate strategically. This will include analysing and producing original material, most notably writing reports and advocacy materials based on robust evidence to help us push for the end of the internal combustion engine in cities.
The Clean Cities Campaign, hosted by Transport & Environment, is a European coalition of more than 60 grassroots and civil society organisations aiming to hasten the phase out of the internal combustion engine in European cities, while championing active, shared and electric mobility for a more liveable and sustainable urban future. The vision of the coalition is to create zero emission urban mobility systems by 2030.
We are committed to the professional development of our colleagues. and invest in training from your first day with the organisation. Our people work across Europe: colleagues in Brussels, Rome, Berlin, Madrid, London and beyond collaborate with our partner organisations to achieve our mission.
The successful candidate should have 3-5 years of relevant professional experience working on technical issues in the transport, environmental or energy sectors, a research institution or similar and have the following skills:
- The capacity to creatively find solutions to complex quantitative research questions.
- Very strong skills in data analysis and visualisation.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and GIS software. Thorough knowledge of Python or similar tools are a plus.
- Strong writing proficiency with the ability to write compelling analytical reports for external publication in fluent, concise and accurate English. Any additional European language is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The confidence to think and act with initiative and to independently identify research opportunities that would clearly support the mission of the Clean Cities Campaign.
- Project management experience and an ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Experience in transport or energy modelling is a plus.
- A personal commitment to sustainable transport and the aims of T&E and the Clean Cities Campaign.
This is a full time position. A flexible working schedule can be discussed. The location of the position is flexible, but ideally should be based in Europe or the UK, with preference to London or Brussels.
To apply, please complete an application form and send a copy of your CV firstname.lastname@example.org clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. The email subject line should state: Application for Analyst, Clean Cities Campaign.
The closing date for applications is Friday 4th March 2022. First Round interviews are scheduled to be held on the week commencing the 14th March 2022 by video conference. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
T&E anticipates a high number of applications and only shortlisted candidates for the first round of interviews will be contacted.
T&E is an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in applications for this position.