We’re searching for a Communications and Media Manager to grow the Clean Cities Campaign’s (CCC) media reach and impact. This person will work closely with a European core team to develop and deliver strategic communications and media plans at the European, local and national level. They will create compelling content that will spark media/political debate and encourage Europeans to become involved in ushering in a new era of clean and green transport.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who understands how communications and media can help influence the debate to bring about political change and is willing to work with colleagues and partners to change the media narrative across Europe, both at local and national and at European level. Someone who can grasp the issues, identify opportunities, and maximise the reach of our messaging around one of the most dynamic and important issues of our time.
As well as your communication, interpersonal skills and diplomacy, this role will test your ability to organise, improvise and juggle different priorities. You will also have sound news judgement, a solid understanding of the European media landscape and existing contacts in both news and feature media.
The Clean Cities Campaign, hosted by Transport & Environment, is a European coalition of more than 60 grassroots and civil society organisations aiming to hasten the phase out of the internal combustion engine in European cities, while championing active, shared and electric mobility for a more liveable and sustainable urban future. The vision of the coalition is to create zero emission urban mobility systems by 2030.
We are committed to the professional development of our colleagues and invest in training from your first day with the organisation. Our people work across Europe: colleagues in Brussels, Rome, Berlin, Madrid, London and beyond collaborate with our partner organisations to achieve our mission.
The successful candidate should have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 4-5 years experience working in a media outlet, PR firm, or working in the media department of an NGO.
- Strong speaking and writing proficiency in fluent, concise and accurate English. Any additional European language is going to be a plus.
- Experience pitching reporters, editors and producers on a variety of stories and existing contacts in news and feature media outlets.
- Excellent communication skills, including both written and interpersonal, with an ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at once, including both short-term responsive media work and long-term communications and narrative building work.
- Keen judgment about what will work with key audiences, media outlets and organizational capacity.
- Willingness to try new things and innovate whilst maintaining our core work.
This is a full time or 0.8 FTE position. A flexible working schedule can be discussed. The location of the position is flexible, but ideally should be based in Europe or the UK, with preference to London or Brussels.
To apply, please complete an application form and send a copy of your CV email@example.com clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. The email subject line should state: Application for Communications and Media Manager, Clean Cities Campaign.
The closing date for applications is Friday 4th March 2022. First Round interviews are scheduled to be held on the week commencing the 14th March 2022 by video conference. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
T&E anticipates a high number of applications and only shortlisted candidates for the first round of interviews will be contacted.
T&E is an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in applications for this position.