If so, you may be Transport & Environments next Italian Clean Mobility Manager. Europe’s leading clean transport think tank and campaign group, T&E, is currently seeking a highly motivated and proactive individual in the area of climate and vehicles policy. This is a new role based in T&E’s Rome office where you will work alongside a team of experts dedicated to decarbonize Italy and EUs transport system.
The position requires a person with a strong understanding of the Italian and EU political system and how to influence them, the ability to think critically and strategically, as well as effective communication skills. We offer the chance to help shape policies with huge implications for people and the environment in Italy, EU and across the globe, as well as a competitive salary.
The role will involve:
Supporting the development of the T&E work in Italy
- Being an active part of T&E’s Italian programmes and assisting with policy and coalitions work in the broad spectrum of transport sector decarbonization -related work streams.
- Developing T&E’s visibility in the media and among the various stakeholders on T&E electromobility issues
- Representing T&E in high-level meetings, events, roundtables, seminars.
- Promoting the decarbonization of transport in Italy, with a focus on the freight sector.
- Coordinating and liaising with T&Es Italian Director, the national network, the policy teams in Brussels and members across Europe on these campaigns.
Coalition and relationship building
- Establishing working relationships with Italian government representatives who are working on T&E priority files.
- Building strong relationships with policy makers, industry players, and NGOs.
- Building stakeholders’ coalition to support T&E’s call for electrification of freight road transport, with stakeholders such as NGOs, industry players, and expert organizations in Italy;
- Leading on the development of the Italian zero emission truck platform, a round-table working towards constructive solutions to decarbonise freight transport in Europe.
Strategy development and policy work
- Leading the work on Italian truck electrification Italian regulations.
- Leading T&E’s freight advocacy work in Italy on EU files.
- Developing the strategy for freight work in Italy. This can include workstreams around gas and biogas, hydrogen, long-haul trucks, logistics and vans, as well as buses.
- Proposing strategies for electromobility in general. This can include workstreams on jobs, batteries or other.
- Identifying, commissioning and delivering impactful research tailored to the needs of the EU and Italian related electromobility campaign in Italy.
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 5 -7 years relevant experience in EU or Italian advocacy. Experience in the climate or transport fields are a plus.
- Proven ability to write in Italian and English fluently, accurately and concisely; strong written communication skills is a must.
- A positive, can-do attitude with high work autonomy levels and the capacity to run a policy campaign with limited supervision.
- The ability to absorb and understand technical, economic and legal language, to independently develop new technical, economic or legal arguments and evidence, and use them to convince key stakeholders.
- A solid grasp of the Italian and EU policy-making processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and communicate complex issues clearly and with impact.
- Project management experience and an ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate would ideally have:
- Knowledge of the transport/or energy sector and decarbonization related issues;
- Ability to draft policy papers, technical briefings, producing narrative and texts for wide audience;
- Excellent public speaking and ability to prepare outstanding presentations for different audiences
- A personal commitment to sustainable transport and the aims of T&E.
Deadline for applications: April 10th
This is a full-time position based in Italy, on a permanent contract. A more flexible working schedule can be discussed.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com with the application form (downloadable below), one-page cover letter and CV, all within one single document and in the following order: application form, cover letter and CV. Please name the file as follows: Firstname_Lastname_ITAmanager. Also, please ensure the title of the job vacancy is shown in the subject line of your email.
The closing date for applications is 10 April at midnight. First-round interviews are scheduled to be held during the week of 19 April by videoconference. A second round of interviews will follow shortly after. The successful candidate will be expected to start in June. T&E is an equal opportunities employer.
T&E anticipates a high number of applications and only shortlisted candidates for the first round of interviews will be contacted.
About Transport & Environment (T&E)
T&E is Europe’s leading clean transport research and campaign group. Our vision is a zero-emission mobility system that is affordable and has minimal impacts on our health and environment. Since we were created 30 years ago, T&E has shaped some of Europe’s most important environmental laws. We got the EU to set the world’s most ambitious CO2 standards for cars and trucks but also helped uncover the Dieselgate scandal; we campaigned successfully to end palm oil diesel, secured a global ban on dirty shipping fuels and the creation of the aviation ETS, the world’s largest carbon market for aviation to name just a few.
We combine the power of robust, science-based evidence and a deep understanding of transport with powerful communications and impactful advocacy. Our staff in Brussels, Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Warsaw and London collaborate with our 60 national member and supporter organisations. All together our members and supporters represent more than 3.5 million people.