Do you share our passion for the environment and technology to decarbonise the way we use transportation? Do you know how environmental and economic policy at EU level can transform markets and have knowledge of, or an interest in, aviation, sustainable fuels and how they are created? If you do this may well be the job for you. We are looking for an Aviation Policy Manager.
The role focuses on decarbonising the aviation industry via European and international regulations. The work will focus on the economic and industrial policies needed to make the aviation industry more sustainable, while holding the sector accountable for its climate impact. You will preferably work from Brussels (or if remote with frequent travel to Brussels) and be line managed by the Aviation Director.
The role will involve:
- Developing and leading parts of T&E’s aviation advocacy work, on making aviation’s climate transition competitive and economically sustainable.
- Contributing to the aviation’s team post Fit For 55 strategy by proposing new areas of focus and developing complete work programmes on new or existing topics such as in air service agreements, state aid, taxonomy, airport charges, trade agreements.
- Nourishing and expanding the working relationships T&E has with European, national and international institutional representatives who are working on decarbonising aviation.
- Identifying, commissioning and delivering impactful research tailored to the needs of the aviation campaigns with minimal supervision.
- Building formal and informal coalitions with key industry players in the aviation industry on specific topics, such as deploying e-fuels, zero emission aircraft, financing transition for the industry
- Coordinating activities with other environmental and civil society organisations as well as T&E members and liaising timely & effectively with other T&E teams.
- Responding to and generating media interest in sustainable aviation policies, creating and reacting to opportunities to further promote T&E’s work.
- Speaking and (re)presenting T&E’s advocacy work in industry, policy or NGOs events.
- Identifying fundraising opportunities and delivering impactful pitches to potential funders while ensuring existing funding streams are catered for.
The successful candidate will be expected to work independently, but under the guidance of T&E’s Aviation Director and team, aiming to achieve T&E’s overall objectives.
T&E is ideally seeking a candidate that has previously worked in an advocacy role influencing transport and / or economic policy.
Our ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- More than five years of relevant experience in energy or climate policy and the ability and motivation to learn about the aviation sector
- Have the aptitude and communication skills to advocate for an environmental organisation
- The confidence to think and act with initiative, to engage and influence policy-makers of different stripes, industry representatives and other stakeholders at the highest level
- Project management, with strong interpersonal and team-working skills and an ability to prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines.
The role is based at our office in Brussels, with some home-working expected. A flexible working hours arrangement can be implemented.
To apply, please complete an application form and send a copy of your CV in English [compiled in a SINGLE document] to email@example.com clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria. The email subject line should state: “Aviation Policy Manager”.
The deadline for this role is the 11th of September.
Transport & Environment (T&E) is Europe’s leading clean transport think tank and campaign group. We combine the power of robust evidence and a deep understanding of the transport sector with compelling communications and impactful advocacy. T&E will commit to your professional development and invest in training from your first day with the organisation. Our people work across Europe: we have offices in Brussels, Rome, Paris, Warsaw, Berlin, Madrid and London.